Thursday, July 19, 2012

Princess Mononoke to Hit the Stage


First production photo from Whole Hog Theater's stage adaptation of Studio Ghibli's Princess Mononoke


Yes, you've read that correctly. Whole Hog Theater in partnership with Studio Ghibli is putting on a stage production of this classic film. They have been working on this for over one year and it's slated to run from August 2-6th of this year.

Whole Hog, mentions on their website announcement that they will be: "Using giant puppets made from recycled materials, visceral, physical storytelling and original live
music, Studio Ghibli's epic ecological fable is retold for the stage."


I'll definitely be keeping my eye out on this one as the time gets closer and more images and video are released from the production. I'm really curious as to how they'll be using these puppets in the show and if they're going for a Lion King kind of feel from how they operate. Either way, I'm sure that the production will be well done, but time will tell.

For more info or to stay updated, head on over to Whole Hog Theater

EDIT: I have sent an e-mail to Whole Hog with some more questions about this production so hopefully I hear back from them soon. Once I do, I'll be sure to post up the information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment